A dog has had a lucky escape after swallowing a chocolate egg with a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle toy inside.
Bobo’s owners took the nine-year-old Weimaraner to the vets in Grimsby after he was sick several times and had stopped eating.
Vets operated after the Michaelangelo toy, housed inside the plastic casing of a Kinder Surprise egg, showed up on an X-ray.
It was removed from his stomach and Bobo has since made a full recovery.
Veterinary nurse Tracy Nicholson said the surgical team was shocked to find Bobo had swallowed both the plastic shell and the toy.
“Foreign bodies like toys can cause blockages inside a dog’s gut, which can sadly be fatal if not removed in time, so they need to be treated quickly,” she added.
What’s wrong with the BBC? This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service – if this is your content and you’re reading it on someone else’s site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.
Source:: BBC world news feed