Grape-choke Jacob Jenkins’ death was ‘tragic accident’
16 February 2016
From the section Tees
Jacob Jenkins was airlifted to Newcastle’s Royal Victoria Infirmary
Paramedics, customers and the parents of a two-year-old boy tried to save him after he choked on a grape in a Pizza Hut, an inquest has heard.
Jacob Jenkins was snacking on fruit at the Hartlepool restaurant when the grape got stuck, and attempts were made to dislodge it.
He later died at the Great North Children’s Hospital in Newcastle, in October.
Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks concluded that his death was accidental.
She said: “Jacob, who was two …read more
Source:: BBC world news feed