Liquid nitrogen cocktail: Lancaster’s Oscar’s Wine Bar fined £100k
17 September 2015
From the section Lancashire
Gaby Scanlon had been celebrating her 18th birthday when she drank the cocktail
A wine bar has been fined £100,000 after a woman drank a cocktail containing liquid nitrogen and had to have her stomach removed.
Gaby Scanlon, of Heysham, Lancashire, was served the Nitro-Jagermeister while celebrating her 18th birthday in 2012.
Oscar’s Wine Bar in Lancaster previously admitted health and safety failings, at Preston Crown Court.
The court heard Ms Scanlon was left close to death after drinking the £3.95 shot.
She was taken to Lancaster Royal Infirmary, where a CT scan found …read more
Source:: BBC world news feed