Once you have competed the steps below you will need to do the following:
- Test that you can successfully connect to the Choice For Music UK servers after completing the configuration
- Contact Choice Management to schedule a full quality test so that we can verify that you can broadcast your stream with out issues
Please note, without completing these above setup steps you will NOT be able to do your show remotely!
What you will need:
To remote play your radio show to us, we ask DJs to have the following:
- A laptop or MacBook
- Butt (broadcast using this tool) software found —> ** CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD**
- A configuration file with the settings that you will need found —> **CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD**
- Recommended internet speed of at least 5 Mbps or more
- A high quality microphone
- A Sound card that can play music from your machine and be detected by butt
Below are the Choice For Music UK Shoutcast Server settings for BUTT. There are two ways of adding and saving the server settings in BUTT.
The first way is to import the Settings file attached to this webpage by clicking **CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD**
You can import setting by going to Settings > Import. You will then be asked to find and select the Choice settings file. Once done you will be able to click ‘Save’ which will save the configuration for your next session.
The second way is to manually input the settings into BUTT by going to Settings > ADD
Below shows the image of where to manually add server details
Connecting to the remote server using BUTT:
Any music broadcasted to this server will only be broadcasted to the live stream during your scheduled show hours.
NOTE: YOU WILL NEED TO CONNECT TO THE SERVER AND PLAY/LOOP MUSIC FOR AT LEAST 5 MINUTES BEFORE YOUR SCHEDULED SHOW START TIME. THIS IS BECAUSE OUR SERVER WILL NOT SWITCH TO THE LIVE STREAM IF SILENCE IS DETECTED!
Once you have configured the server settings in BUTT you will be able to connect to the Choice For Music UK server by pressing the ‘PLAY’ symbol button.
When you are connected the BUTT display will show a counter with the amount of minutes you have been live for. See the image below:
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I know i’m connected?
BUTT should say you’re connected and show a stream time. You should be able to hear yourself from a separate device.
When should I connect?
You should connect a minimum of 5 minutes before your show. YOU WILL NEED TO CONNECT TO THE SERVER AND PLAY/LOOP MUSIC FOR AT LEAST 5 MINUTES BEFORE YOUR SCHEDULED SHOW START TIME. THIS IS BECAUSE OUR SERVER WILL NOT SWITCH TO THE LIVE STREAM IF SILENCE IS DETECTED!
What is my internet upload speed?
You can check your speed by going to http://www.speedtest.net/