The Health and Safety Executive has been called in by the police over the deaths of twin brothers who drowned in a fish tank at the family home in Fife.
Rhys and Shaun Scott, who were two years old, were found in the garden tank on Saturday at about 08:20.
They were taken by ambulance from the rented house in Dalgety Bay to hospital where they were pronounced dead.
The HSE has the power to prosecute landlords if they put tenants in danger.
It is understood that the family rented the home from a man who formerly ran a business from there, selling ornamental koi carp.
An HSE spokeswoman said: “We are liaising with the police over the twins’ deaths.”
The twins’ parents Mervyn Scott and Sarah Aitken described them as “miracle babies”.
In a statement issued through Police Scotland, they said: “Both boys were long awaited little soldiers who were full of love, happiness, fun and cheek.
“Individually and together they have touched the lives of everyone they met.
“We along with our family and friends are still in shock and devastated at such a tragic loss from such a ‘freak’ accident.
“They have been taken from us far too early and will be forever missed and loved.”
What’s wrong with the BBC? This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service – if this is your content and you’re reading it on someone else’s site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.
Source:: BBC UK